Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biracial Actresses and Colorism

The movie we need right now. See #BlacKkKlansman NOW PLAYING in theaters. ✊?✊?

A post shared by BlacKkKlansman (@blackkklansman) on

Do really expect someone like Michael B Jordan to give black women especially dark-skinned ones some rep? He only acknowledges dark skin black women he's worked with.
Can we all agree that alot of these chicks need acting classes? Laura is not that good of an actress and im sure spike lee could've gotten a dark-skinned 4c hair actress. He could've got Teyonah Parris he casted her for chiraq
(08-11-2018, 05:34 PM) Wrote: I feel like yara gets a slap on the wrist because shes a smart girl who talks about colorism, but no one ever points out that she contributes to also.

Hoesntly, thats what gets her roles. She is not good at acting at all.

(08-11-2018, 06:55 PM) Wrote: Can we all agree that alot of these chicks need acting classes? Laura is not that good of an actress and im sure spike lee could've gotten a dark-skinned 4c hair actress. He could've got Teyonah Parris he casted her for chiraq

Honestly, all of them do. At least the older biracial actresses like Halle, Tracee, and Jasmine Guy etc where good at acting.
The thing that makes me dislike Amandla is her ego also. Acting like she did Letita a favor with Black Panthervwhen it wasn’t her role to begin with, was really messy to me. It’s like she wanted a piece of the pie and had to throw shade to it.
This is something ive also noticed with the teenage and child actors being biracial also. I guess our kids will only have biracials to look up too as they get older.
Alot of them play full black children and be yelling how mixed they are.
I wish China Anne McClain and her sisters, Serayah, Ryan Destiny, Coco Jones plus more.
Y’all know Michael B Jordan ain’t for the culture. He just cares about black men.

[-]
Quick Reply